Sunday, May 8, 2011

Watermelon Cucumber Margaritas

I had this amazing cucumber margarita with a cayenne salted rim once at a restaurant in Cleveland that stuck with me.  Then the other day food network was re-playing some "cinco de mayo" recipe idea episodes and I caught one from the show 5 Ingredient Fix.  Claire Robinson (the host) made a watermelon cucumber margarita and I knew I had to try it.  Perfect drink for me and Corey's little cinco de mayo celebration Friday night.  These were so easy and were really tasty.  I think they are a one drink only type of drink.  The cucumber taste is really fresh, but after one I was ready for something different.  You need to make these asap!



Ingredients:
4 cups seedless watermelon chunks (I used one whole small watermelon)
1/2 cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped
1 lime, zested, plus juice of 1/2 lime, plus wedge for rimming glasses
1/4 cup course kosher salt
1-ounce agave syrup or honey (I just used a teaspoon of sugar for the whole recipe)
3 ounces white tequila

Method:
Liquefy the watermelon and cucumber in a blender and strain through a fine mesh sieve into a pitcher.
Mix the lime zest and salt on a small plate and reserve.
Mix 1/2 cup watermelon-cucumber juice with lime juice, agave and tequila in a cocktail shaker filled with ice; shake well to chill. Rub the rim of a margarita glass with a lime wedge and dip it into the lime zest mixture. Pour the margarita into the salt-rimmed margarita glass and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment