Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Shish Kabobs

Mmmm.....  This year Corey's sis Laura had the awesome idea to grill out shish kabobs for their mom for Mother's day.  I decided to marinade them the same way I had previously made them and they turned out so tasty.  They don't really retain an overwhelmingly "asain" taste (soy sauce and teryaki) once cooked, but really have a lot of flavor!  The following recipe is just an estimate so please don't feel compelled to follow it perfectly...more of just rough guidelines or inspiration!  I chose the veggies I chose because I wanted them to be really bright and colorful, so be sure to modify based on your favorites!

before heading onto the grill

Ingredients:
Marinade:
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup teryaki sauce
2 or 3 garlic cloves minced
2 green onions/scallions diced (green & white parts)
chives (I had some fresh in my fridge so I threw those in-completely optional)
Shish Kabobs:
3 or 4 small chicken breasts
grape tomatoes
zucchini
squash
bell peppers (I used green & orange for color)
mushrooms
red onion

Method:
Dice chicken and veggies into same size pieces that will fit on wooden kabobs.  Place into large resealable bag.  Pour marinade ingredients in bag & mix to coat chicken and veggies.  Marinade for at least an hour (I did for over 4 hours and the flavor was awesome.  String chicken and veggies on kabobs and discard remaining marinade.  Grill until cooked through.

yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment