Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Chipotle Honey Grilled Chicken

I loved the chipotle flavor of this pulled pork I made so when I saw this recipe on Our Life in the Kitchen for a sweet & spicy grilled chicken I knew it would be great.  Smokey chipotle peppers in adobo sauce & sweet honey mixed with a little cilantro sounded like the perfect combination.  Me and Corey love spicy so we loved this, but if you are not a huge spicy fan you might up the honey in this and also don't top the chicken after cooked with a lot of the reserved marinade.  That was the part that really added the heat I thought, especially the pieces of peppers.  This is going to be a go to marinade for me now.  I think I'm gonna skewers next week with this marinaded chicken, red onions, & maybe chunks of mango.

3 Chicken Breasts
7 oz can Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
1/4 cup Honey
2 or 3 tablespoons diced Cilantro

Muddle marinade ingredients together to break up peppers (you can use a fork for this).  Reserve 1/4 of the marinade in the fridge.  Marinade the chicken for at least one hour.  Grill chicken until cooked through.  Serve chicken with reserved marinade.

No comments:

Post a Comment