Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Grilled Eggplant

One of my friends at work told me how great grilled eggplant was a while back but I had yet to make it.  I think I've only purchased eggplant once when I made this awesome eggplant parmesan last summer (which I need to make again!).  Grilling it made it taste really great.  It gave it this different texture where it was a little crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.  And brushing it with olive oil & salt and pepper brought out the flavor even more.  Perfect side for anything you might make on the grill.

Ingredients:
one eggplant
olive oil
S & P

Method:
Slice eggplant "hamburger" style about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick.  Brush both sides w/ olive oil & sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Grill both sides.  I decided to skewer mine shown in the picture below because it wasn't very wide and it made it much easier to turn (and keep from falling into the grill!).  Drizzle again with olive oil & sprinkle w/ S&P after grilling if desired.


No comments:

Post a Comment