Sunday, May 8, 2011

Crispy Shrimp Fajitas

I love "food" holidays!  Cinco de Mayo was the perfect excuse to make mexican (as if I wouldn't have already been making something mexican last week anyway).  I decided on Crispy Shrimp Fajitas after seeing these on Indigo's Sugar Spectrum.  I wanted to do a pablano cilantro cream sauce, but Walmart was out of pablano peppers...big surprise, they don't really have the world's best produce selection!  I ended up just making them crispy shrimp fajitas with sauteed peppers & onions (shrimp originally seen on How Sweet).  They were really tasty.  I'll share the homemade refried beans recipe I made as well.



Ingredients:
Shrimp (I use pre-cooked, frozen)
Flour
S&P
Garlic powder
Onion
Bell peppers
Serrano peppers (optional)
Salsa (I used a salsa verde)
Sour cream & Cheese optional
Tortillas

Preheat a pan with a little olive oil.  Pat dry shrimp and season both sides w/ S&P and garlic.  Dredge lightly in flour.  Pan fry both sides for a few minutes each until shrimp is crispy.  Dry on paper towels. 
Cook onions & peppers in a bit of olive oil until they start to caramelize.
Serve everything warm in tortillas.


No comments:

Post a Comment