Thursday, January 13, 2011

Spinach & Feta Quinoa

I had never has Quinoa, much less heard of it until probably a few months ago.  If you are unfamiliar as well you need to give it a shot!  Its a grain and is packed with a ton of protein and a lot of other goodness.  To someone like me who had never tried it, I would compare its taste to rice.  Really great!  Especially this dish, who doesn't love the combination of spinach and feta?  So easy and it was an awesome side dish for chicken or fish.  I also got this one from Closet Cooking ... I know I know, recently it seems like I only get recipes from this blog, but I can't help myself!
Ingredients:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 bunch spinach (roughly chopped)
1 cup quinoa
2 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth or water)
1/4 cup parsley (chopped)
1/4 cup dill (chopped)
salt and pepper to taste
1 lemon (juice and zest)
1/4 cup feta (crumbled)
Directions:
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add the onion and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
4. Add the spinach and cook until it wilts.
5. Add the quinoa, vegetable broth, parsley, dill and season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer until the quinoa is tender, about 20 minutes.
7. Remove from heat and hit it with a splash lemon juice and mix in the feta.

No comments:

Post a Comment