Sunday, January 30, 2011

Salmon w/ an Asian Fusion Salad w/ Sesame-Ginger Dressing

I finally made the plunge and purchased all those asian sauces that I have been avoiding buying because I didn't want to spend the money but I'm glad I finally did it!  I had to buy rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, and sriracha asian hot chili sauce.  This salad was actually really good and an easy way to get in some veggies.  I served it with salmon because we all need more salmon in our lives.  I found the recipe courtesy of the pioneer woman's tasty kitchen, here.

Bag of shredded coleslaw mix (Green, napa, and red cabbage and carrots)
10 to 15 baby carrots, grated
3 whole Green Onions (or more), Sliced
⅓ cups Cilantro (or More To Taste)
4 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
5 teaspoons Soy Sauce
4 teaspoons Sugar
2-½ teaspoons Fresh Ginger, Minced (I didn’t buy this and just used dry ginger)
2 teaspoons Sesame Seeds (optional)
½ teaspoons Black Pepper
½ teaspoons Asian Chile Sauce (optional)
½ cups Honey-roasted Peanuts (or To Taste)
In a large bowl, toss green and red cabbage, carrots, green onion, and cilantro. Set aside.
In a jar or lidded airtight container, make dressing by combining rice vinegar, canola and sesame oils, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, sesame seeds, pepper, and chile sauce. Cover with lid and shake well to combine.
Up to an hour before serving, toss just enough dressing with the salad mixture to coat. You’ll likely have leftover dressing. Sprinkle with peanuts just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment