Sunday, January 30, 2011

Simple, Light Crab Cakes

Ah crab cakes.  I wanted to make these as soon as I saw this recipe on how sweet.  Simple and Light...sign me up!  Next I attempt making crab cakes I will wait until I can spend the money to get high quality crab meat.  I purchased some pre-packaged lump crab meat from the grocery store refrigeration section and don't get me wrong, these were good and very simple to make.  just didn't taste as fresh as they could have.

Easy Light Crab Cakes
serves 1-2
1 pound lump crabmeat
8 saltine crackers, crushed (wheat)
1 egg
1 tablespoon mustard
1 tablespoon mayo
pinch of cayenne pepper
salt & pepper to taste
1 tablespoons olive oil
Combine all ingredients in a bowl except oil and stir until thoroughly combined. Heat a skillet on medium heat and add olive oil. While it’s heating, form the crab mixture into small patties – you will get about 5 to 6 cakes. Place them in the skillet and cook until lightly golden brown, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
I made a little lemon aioli (mayo & lemon juice) to top it with and a wonderful salad we used to have at the sorority (hey alpha phi)!

Salad is just spinach, strawberries, walnuts, and poppy-seed dressing (I found a fat free one this time!)  So easy and so delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment