Monday, January 17, 2011

Lime Meltaways

OK, OK, I said I would slow down with the baking...but this was the last one I had been eyeing that I wanted to make!  And they were worth it.  And I will stop after this...maybe.


These lime meltaways are basically a shortbread cookie with a fresh lime hint.  I think next time I would add a little more lime.  And I wish I knew a trick to make the powdered sugar stick more to the cookies!

Lime Meltaways

Ingredients:
12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter (room temperature)
1/3 cup powdered sugar
2 limes (zest)
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups + 2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons corn starch
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup powdered sugar
Directions:
1. Cream the butter with the 1/3 cup powdered sugar.
2. Beat in the lime zest, lime juice and vanilla.
3. Mix the flour, cornstarch and salt in a large bowl.
4. Beat the dry ingredients into the wet.
5. Roll the dough out into a 1-2 inch log.
6. Wrap in plastic and let chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
7. Slice the dough into 1/4 to 1/2 in thick slices and place them on a baking sheet, 1 inch apart from each other.
8. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until just lightly golden brown, about 12-15 minutes.
9. Let cool on a wire rack for 4 minutes.
10. Dredge cookies in powdered sugar to coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment