Monday, January 3, 2011

Candied Pecans

How cute is this bowl...I wish it were mine...but it is not.  I really need to shape up with my picture taking of my recipes.  This little snack I also made up for NYE and it may have received the most compliments of them all!  Wow, I have made candied nuts before but they did not turn out near as good as this recipe did.  And sooo easy!  The recipe (and picture) is from Kevin and Amanda.  I did a half batch of this and used half pecans half walnuts.  It looks like a lot of coating at first but once it cooks it is just perfect.  Also, I missed the part about spraying the pan first...don't do this, trust me :)  But trust me on this and do make this recipe for your next party or just as a nice gift for someone.

Candied Pecans
2 egg whites
2 tbsp water
1 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
4 cups (16 oz) pecans
Preheat oven to 225. In a large bowl beat the egg whites and water. Add pecans and stir to coat. Whisk together the sugar, salt and cinnamon, then pour over the pecans, stirring to coat. Spread pecans on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray and bake for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment