Friday, January 7, 2011

Blackened Tilapia w/ Mango Salsa & Graham Cracker Cookie Bars

I can't take credit for making this fabulous mango salsa...this was all our friend Joe.  I have never had it before but it was so good.  Sort of sweet with a major kick.  I believe the ingredient list included mangos, tomatoes, jalopenos, avocado, red onion, cilantro, lemon & lime juice....and other things I'm sure I missed!  I just blackened some tilapia filets (or any white fish or chicken would work) by coating them with blackened seasoning on both sides and cooking for a few minutes each side on a skillet coated with just a touch of olive oil.


`
This "cookie" recipe if you can call it a cookie I found on who else... Pioneer woman!  They are super easy, I think they take a whole 15 minutes to make.  Start by preheating your oven to 350 and cover the bottom of a cookie sheet (with edges!) with graham crackers.  Then bring 2 sticks of butter and 1 cup of sugar to a boil in a sauce pan and allow to boil for 5 minutes.  At this point I got a little impatient and decided to dip my extra graham crackers in the boiling goodness.  I would highly recommend not skipping this step.  Once you are finished boiling you will pour and spread the caramel sauce over the graham crackers and then bake in the oven for 7 minutes.  Once you take this out of the oven (it will be bubbly still), immediately sprinkle 1 cup of chocolate chips over hot caramel.  Let the chocolate sit 1 minute until it starts to melt and then spread it over the caramel.  Finially you can finish by sprinkling chopped pretzels, almonds, candy canes, etc. over the top.  I stuck with pretzels because you can never go wrong with the sweet and salty combo!  You must make these now.  You could whip them up before you hubby is out of the shower like I just did!

No comments:

Post a Comment