Saturday, January 22, 2011

Grilled Hawaiian Chicken with Tropical Salad

Grilled Hawaiian Chicken
adapted from the Ungormet

6 boneless chicken breasts
2 cups pineapple juice
2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp fresh minced ginger

Combine all the ingredients except the chicken. Pour marinade over chicken, cover and refrigerate at least overnight. Grill until done.  I made this during the winter however, and last minute, so I just cut up two chicken breasts and sauteed them in a skillet with worcestershire, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and a tiny dash of Cayenne pepper.
 
Tropical Salad
1 bag of arugula
3 green onions, thinly sliced
6 sliced of turkey bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
1 can pineapple tidbits, drain and reserve juice for dressing
1/2 cup slivered toasted almonds
1/4 cup toasted coconut

I wished I had all these ingredients on hand, but unfortunately did not.  I made this with a bunch of romaine, some orange segments, almonds, sunflower seeds, chopped green and yellow peppers.  I think red onion would have been a good addition too.

Dressing
1/4 cup pineapple juice
3 tbsp red wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

I didn't have pineapple juice so I substituted a little lemon and orange juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment