Saturday, April 23, 2011

Spinach & Feta Salmon

I got this idea from one of my friends Sarah who told me she fixes this regularly.  I can see why...so tasty and really easy!  If you love feta, this is a must try!  I made it by topping the salmon with raw spinach and feta before baking, however the recipe I am giving below is how I would make it next time.  You would think I would have learned by now after making this and this, that spinach really shrinks up majorly, but now I will know for next time!  By "wilting" your spinach before topping your salmon with it, you will get an idea of how much you want once its cooked down!


What you'll need:
2 salmon filets
About a half bag or 5 oz fresh spinach leaves
1/2 cup feta

Method:
Add a touch of olive oil (less than a teaspoon should do) and spinach (a little at a time if it doesn't all fit initially in the pan) to a sauce pan over medium low heat stirring just until it sweats and wilts down.  It will shrink up to at least 1/4 of its original size.  Place salmon in a baking dish and top with spinach and then feta.  Bake at 350 for about 12 minutes until fish flakes easily.



No comments:

Post a Comment