Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Caribbean Chicken with Pineapple Salsa

I thought of this Caribbean Chicken when I saw Lauren post this recipe and I realized I hadn't made it in too long!  It is such a great refreshing summer recipe.  The chicken is so juicy when baked and the spiciness of the crust/breading with the sweetness of the pineapple salsa makes a perfect combination.  I knew I had to make it this week!!!


Ingredients
4 chicken breasts
1 1/4 cup Fiber One cereal (I used Special K because we usually have it on hand)
2 teaspoons Jerk Seasoning (dry)
1/2 cup buttermilk (or 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice mixed w/ 1/2 cup milk)
2 teaspoons dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (tabasco)
Pineapple Salsa
8 oz crushed pineapple
1/4 cup diced red pepper
1/4 cup diced apricots
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro

Preparation
Heat oven to 400.  Spray baking pan with cooking spray.  Put cereal in resealable bag and crush with rolling pin.  Pour cereal into a shallow dish and mix in jerk seasoning.  Mix buttermilk, mustard, and pepper sauce in another shallow dish.  First dip chicken in milk then coat with cereal mixture.
Bake 14-16 minutes (or longer depending on size of chicken breasts) until cooked through.  Mix together salsa ingredients while chicken is cooking.  Cover and refrigerate.  Serve with chicken.



No comments:

Post a Comment