Saturday, March 5, 2011

Pistachio Cookies w/ White Chocolate Glaze

This is another treat I made for my mom's birthday.  The cookies turned out really light and fluffy.  Corey was in love with him - they are his type of cookie.  I would definitely add more pistachio pudding mix next time because they didn't have enough pistachio flavor for me.  And if I could find actual pistachios on sale some time I might chop some up inside or on top!  Recipe courtesy of Indigo's Sugar Spectrum.



Ingredients:
¾ cup flour
¼ tsp baking soda
1/3 cup butter, softened
¼ brown sugar
1 tbs white sugar
2 tbs of Pistachio Pudding Mix (I might go 3 or 4 next time)
¼ tsp vanilla extract
1 egg, beaten
2 drops of green food coloring (can be omitted)
Directions:
Pre-Heat your oven to 375
In a medium sized bowl mix together your flour, baking soda, and pudding mix.
In another bowl beat together your butter, egg, sugars, food coloring, and extract. Combine the two mixes, cover in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 2 hours.
Roll into medium sized balls.  Place each cookie ball on to a baking sheet and bake at 375 for about 10 minutes (just keep an eye on them). The bottoms might be slightly browned, but will not taste burnt.  Transfer cookies to cooling rack and make up your glaze.

The white chocolate glaze is a handful of white chocolate chips, 2 tablespoons of milk, and enough powdered sugar to thicken it to your liking. Simply microwave the chocolate and milk slowly until melted then add in the powdered sugar.  I don’t have a fancy piping thing yet for this, so I drizzled my cookies just fine with a fork!  J

1 comment:

  1. OH thanks so much for sharing! I really appreciate it. I love the whole texture, and your look great!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog

    ReplyDelete