Thursday, March 24, 2011

Marshmallow Cream Cheese Fruit Dip

My mom used to make this fruit dip all the time when we were younger (at least that's the way I remember it!).  I remember her making it to bring to the pool for a snack and making it for get togethers with family and friends.  It is so ridiculously easy to make and insanely delicious!  It goes great with any fruit...strawberries, bananas, grapes, cantelope, apples, the list goes on...

Here is the breakdown:  you'll need 2 ingredients, thats right two!

1 8 oz block of cream cheese (buy the neufchatel - lower in fat and tastes the exact same!)
1 jar marshmallow cream (its sold in the baking isle w/ the rest of the marshmallows)

Heat the cream cheese in the microwave by 15 second intervals for about 1 minute total, just to soften it.  Mix in 1/2 of the marshmallow cream straight from the jar.  Continue to add marshmallow and taste until you like the ratio.  I think I bought the bigger jar and used 1/2 to 3/4.  Cut up fresh fruit and serve!  Yummy.  This is my next fruit dip I'm dying to make: toffee crunch apple dip, yes please!

No comments:

Post a Comment