Sunday, March 6, 2011

Pasta w/ Chicken, Feta, & Spinach

This pasta is a great combination of flavors.  I found the inspiration from a recipe in a cookbook my mom gave me last Christmas.  A local news station in town published the cookbook w/ recipes of their own and of local "celebrities."  (Reggie Wayne's favorite salmon dish is in there for example).  This pasta has chicken, spinach & feta and has a little lemon juice and olive oil.  I don't really have specifics for you because that's generally the way I cook and you can really adapt this to taste the way you would like it.

Ingredients:
Whole Wheat Pasta
Chicken
Feta
Fresh Spinach
Lemon Juice
Olive Oil
S&P and other seasonings you might light

Method:
Cook Pasta to box directions - I used a linguine I had left over from Fettuccine Alfredo.  Cook Chicken how you would like.  I cook ours by giving it a caramelized herb crust and cooking it in a pan on the stove.  I mixed up some sugar (probably equal amount to total other seasonings you add), salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme, basil, and oregano.  Then dredged the chicken breasts on both sides in the seasoning so it was fully coated.  Heat skillet with a small amount of olive oil and place chicken breast in.  Without moving cook the chicken breast on one side for a few minutes then flip and continue to cook.  This will allow the crust to form and caramelize and it will be so tasty!  Cut up your chicken and toss with pasta, feta, spinach, lemon juice, and a little olive oil.  You might need more salt and pepper or other seasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment