Monday, September 19, 2011

Spinach & Tomato Stuffed Flounder

Here is another one of those posts that got lost and never got posted!  I usually don't get around to posting recipes until a week or two after I've made them, but this one has probably been over a month. 

Anyway, here is a dish I came up with on a whim when I had nothing planned for dinner.  Its not really "stuffed" flounder, more like topped flounder!  I used a bunch of tiny heirloom cherry tomatoes I picked up at the farmers market along with a huge zucchini.  You could really stuff (or top) fish with anything you've got on hand!

I served this with some "stuffed" zucchini.  I scooped out the seeds of a large zucchini and filled it with marinara sauce and topped with mozzarella cheese.  The needed to bake longer than the fish so start these first and bake until tender!
Ingredients:
4-6 flounder fillets (mine were pretty thin)
6 oz fresh spinach
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
6 cooked shrimp
1 cup cherry tomatoes (I used heirloom)
Olive oil
2 cloves garlic
seasonings: basil, oregano, and S & P

Chop shrimp and half tomatoes.  In a bowl mix spinach, mozzarella, shrimp, tomatoes, and garlic.  Drizzle with olive oil and season with whatever you choose.  Top fish fillets in a baking dish and cook until they flake easily with a fork.  Mine took about 12 minutes at 375.  Top both fish and zucchini with parmesan cheese before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment