Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Fettuccine Alfredo

Oh my goodness, I can't even begin to describe how good this was!!!  This blew my previous fettuccine alfredo out of the park.  Maybe because it uses more parmesan?  Anyway, Corey's bday is Saturday.  Last year for his bday, I wanted to make it special, so I extended it to a whole week and had him pick what he wanted for dinner that week.  We had so much fun with it that I decided to do it again this year!  I'll post a summary post on that soon, but Fettuccine Alfredo was his requested meal that I made Sunday night.  It sure did kick birthday week off right!!!  Recipe courtesy of The Pioneer Woman.

Ingredients:

1 pound Fettuccine Noodles
1 stick Butter
1 cup Heavy Cream
Salt and Pepper, to taste
2 cups Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese (one wedge was enough for 2 cups)

Directions:

Cook pasta according to package directions.

In a saucepan or skillet, warm butter and cream. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.

Grate Parmesan cheese and place half of it into a large serving bowl. Pour warm butter/cream mixture over the top.

Drain pasta and immediately pour it into the bowl.

Toss a couple of times, then sprinkle in the other half of the Parmesan.

Toss to combine, thinning with pasta water if necessary.

*Note:  my pasta was done early and had cooled by the time I was making my sauce.  So after mixing it all together, I ended up adding back to the pan and heating it all up again - which worked just fine!
pasta

half of the parmesan
butter & cream

add that to the bowl
add the pasta

add the other half of the parmesan

toss until combined...finished product!


No comments:

Post a Comment