Saturday, September 17, 2011

Roasted Garlic Bread

Here's another thing I've made multiple times in the past two weeks!  I have never had better garlic bread!  One of my best friend's mom, Mavis, suggested spreading roasted garlic on a french loaf a while ago and I have been dying to try it.  I love roasted garlic, if you've never had it, its completely different than fresh garlic.  It becomes almost like a spread and becomes very sweet with a deep garlic flavor, not too intense.  I made it for the first time with a salad I still need to share last week and the second and third time this week with this soup.  This recipe is so easy and really just irresistible.  We also melted some sliced fresh mozzarella on top of some of the bread but that's completely optional!

1 french loaf
2 bulbs of garlic
olive oil
S & P
mozzarella cheese

Chop the top off your garlic and drizzle with olive oil and S&P.  Wrap in foil, and roast at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes.  You will know its done when you can squeeze the cloves out very easily (and your house will smell amazing).  Cut your bread down the center longways.  Spread it with butter first and then with the garlic.  Add some sliced mozzarella if desired and broil for just a few minutes to melt the cheese and heat up the bread.


No comments:

Post a Comment