Saturday, September 10, 2011

Crispy Southwestern Chicken Wraps

Have I told you guys yet how much I love Pinterest...obsessed.  I have found so many recipes, cute ideas, diy projects, fall style, etc.  I LOVE it!  Well this recipe from Mel's Kitchen was pinned by one of my friends, and as soon as I saw it I knew I needed to make it asap.  We loved it, and the best part, we had plenty of leftover filling to make seconds for another night this week!



Ingredients:
1 cup cooked brown rice, warm or at room temperature
1 cup cooked, shredded chicken (2 breasts)
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 green onion, finely sliced (white and green parts)
1/2 red or green pepper, diced
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
juice of 1 lime
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic
salt & pepper to taste
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
Sour cream (optional)
6 burrito-sized wheat tortillas

Method:
Mix all ingredients together except sour cream.  Spread 1 or 2 spoonfuls of sour cream in the middle of tortillas.  Arrange chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla.  Roll stuffed tortillas (see picture below, when I left the edges open everything fell out while flipping them in the pan.  If you fold the ends in first before rolling and then secure with a toothpick they stay much better when cooking.).  Spray the tortillas all over with cooking spray.
Heat a large non-stick skillet (or griddle) over medium heat for 1 minute. Arrange 2 wraps, seam-side down, in pan and cook until golden brown and crisp, about 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining wraps. Serve.

this is how I kept ours together while cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment