Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Homemade Hot Fudge

Hot fudge, I thought I knew how good it was, until I made some homemade.  Wow.  It is so rich and chocolaty.  So much better than the stuff out of the jar.  I never realized how easy it was either!  I made some for this icing and had plenty left over to enjoy over some Blue Bell Southern Blackberry Cobbler ice cream



Hot Fudge Sauce
recipe courtesy of How Sweet
1 cup sugar
1 cup cocoa
2 tablespoons flour
pinch of salt
1 cup boiling water or scalding milk
1 tablespoon of butter
1 teaspoon of vanilla

Combine sugar, cocoa, salt, and flour in a bowl or pot over a double boiler. Bring water or milk to a boil.

Gradually add hot liquid to sugar mixture. Stir constantly until mixture thickens.

Once it has reached the desired thickness, remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment