Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Lemon Shallot Baked Salmon

You know I really thought this would just be another salmon dish when I first saw it.  Since we try to eat fish regularly we can always use another way to mix it up so I thought I would give this a shot.  It was seriously so good though!!!  I was also a little leery of the creamy herb dressing, but it was the perfect topping.  Really light and fresh!  I made mine a little different than the recipe based on what I had at home so my modifications are below.  Recipe comes from Cheeky Kitchen.

Ingredients:
2 salmon filets
1/4 cup olive oil or less
zest of 1 lemon & juice of half the lemon (mine was pretty large and had a lot of juice so add more if you need)
1/2 shallot

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a food processor or blender, combine the olive oil, lemon, and shallot. Blend until pureed completely.  Place salmon on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle the lemon-shallot sauce over the salmon. Sprinkle generously with salt and freshly-ground pepper.  Bake in preheated oven for 15-17 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily when touched with a fork. Top with Creamy Herb Dressing (recipe follows).

Creamy Herb Dressing:
1/2 cup Greek Yogurt (I used plain regular low fat yogurt)
1 tablespoon each fresh chopped mint, dill, tarragon (I used a few sprinkles of Italian seasonings)
1 1/2 tablespoon honey
1/2 cup table cream (I had half & half
1/2 teaspoon salt

No comments:

Post a Comment