Monday, June 20, 2011

Greek Layer Dip

So I had this dip once at my friend Jenn's house for a get together and remembered it being so good!  Then I saw it on Closet Cooking and loosely followed his recipe to remind myself of all the layers I wanted to use!  Its as easy as chopping some veggies, crumbling some feta, and layering a few things.  The suggestion I have for next time would be to serve it on a platter rather than in a bowl.  It would be better to spread out the hummus thinner and be able to get more veggies and feta in each bite.  I served it with pita chips and wheat pita slices.

1 container of hummus of your choice (I used roasted pine nut hummus)
1 cucumber
2 roma tomatoes
1/4 small red onion
Crumbled Feta
1 small can kalamata olives (optional - I didn't use them)

Spread hummus thin on platter.  Dice veggies very small.  Layer veggies and top with crumbled feta.




No comments:

Post a Comment