Monday, December 27, 2010

Standard Salmon Dinner

This meal is a standard meal in our house.  And it is anything but ordinary.  Everytime I make it I remember why its a standard!  Salmon, honey glazed carrotts, and wild rice.

And to reveal the best Christmas gift I may have received yet....the Canon Rebel SLR camera I have been wanting!

I am so excited about it and you will see why below in my pictures. 
So back to our recipe... this recipe is really easy.  Which makes it a standard. 

Salmon
(I make this with frozen salmon fillets I keep in the freezer at all times)
Bake salmon at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes (or until cooked through)
I put teriayki, soy sauce, ginger powder, and brown sugar on my salmon before baking and then again before serving.

Carrotts
Boil carrotts until tender.  (I use baby carrotts because they are easy but I have heard whole ones have more flavor.  My way is just fine by me considering I really don't care too much for carrotts - oh unless they are coated in all of the following ...)
Once tender, glaze carrotts in pan with equal parts honey and butter, sprinkle with salt and crushed red pepper flakes.
This is the carrott recipe I made for Thanksgiving.  I wouldn't reccommend making it for a large meal like that.  It just didn't turn out the same.

Wild Rice - feel free to choose your easiest boxed brand :)  I usually go with Uncle Ben's.

OK and now to the camera!


No comments:

Post a Comment