Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas!

This is my 9 foot Christmas Tree.  That barely clears the ceiling.  That clears the ceiling only because we had to cut the top off.  That drinks the entire bowl of water each day.  Needless to say - its kind of huge.  Its beautiful and I don't want to take it down when Christmas is over!  (Oh and I forgot to mention how the first night we had it - we woke up in the morning to a toppled over tree and shattered ornaments...time to tie this guy down w/ twine?  what do you think?)

I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!


On to food related subjects...I need help with my meatloaf!  I can't find a recipe that I want to make online.  I found a recipe that I loved this summer and of course probably threw it away after I made it.  I remember it having some special ingredient that I was excited about :) but who knows what that was.  So since I wasn't happy with any I found...I decided to wing it!  I've made meatballs a number of times for get-togethers with friends and I knew the basics were the same...so I went for it. 

I threw ground beef, eggs, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, dijon mustard, ketchup, salt, pepper, worcestershire, parsley, brown sugar...and I can't really remember what else...together and formed it in a loaf pan.  Then I mixed some ketchup, bbq sauce, worcestershire, and brown sugar and put it on top for a glaze.  I baked this guy for 1 hour at 350 and the end result was pretty good.  The flavors were right...I just need to work on the consistency.  I don't think I had enough bread or egg.  We'll give it another shot, but really once you add some of the glaze on top and some mashed potatoes on the bottom who is gonna complain :)

So if any of my millions of readers (or two ... ahem) have a great recipe they would love to share...please do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment