Friday, December 17, 2010

Beef & Bean Taquitos

Corey said these were right up there with some of his favorites.  I figured since I made him suffer through mushroom soup the night before I could make something for him that I knew he would absolutely love.  There are many things he will try but when it comes down to it...I know he will always choose a mexican dish (or sometimes a casserole).  For example this is how our convo went over text:

Me:  Do you feel like chicken or mexican tonight?
Cor:  Mexican
Me:  duh... :)


1 lb ground beef
Onion
Refried Beans
1 package taco seasoning
grated cheese
corn tortillas
Vegetable oil

Brown the meat and onion together.  Add in the taco seasoning and let it simmer.  While cooking the meat prepare the refried beans (or you can use those already prepared).   While meat is browning, heat about a half inch of vegetable or canola oil in a skillet. Warm your corn tortillas in the oil, one at a time, about 15 seconds a side, just until they're pliable (don't skip this and just warm them in the microwave- you need the oil so they'll get crispy).  Set on paper towel to get excess oil off.  When all of those are ready, start assembling. I spread beans down, topped with meat, topped with about cheese.  Roll up, place seam side down on sheet or in pan.  Bake 12 minutes at 425, until browned and crispy.

Let me tell you, these things were great!  You could serve with salsa, sour cream, guacamole, enchilada sauce, etc.  We did a little sour cream and leftover enchilada sauce we had in the freezer.

I bought a avocado that was bad when I opened it...always a bummer.  My friend Annie from Cleveland gave me a really quick and easy guac recipe.  Basically you just mash the avocado with salsa, chopped cilantro, and garlic powder to your taste.  Soo easy and soo good!  I make this all the time for a football game on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment