Monday, December 6, 2010

Pablano Cream Sauce

We were in the mood for some mexican Sunday so I decided to try out this recipe I saw on Martha Stewart!  It was really good.  Next time I would probably add another pepper for the amount of cream used.  We mixed some salsa in and it was soo good!  I just topped mine on a chicken breast and Corey shredded chicken and had his in a tortilla. 

Pablano Cream Sauce
1 poblano chile
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/3 cup heavy cream
Coarse salt and ground pepper

We had this with homemade refried beans and some mexican rice.

This recipe was from the blog Eat at Home

Refried Beans
3 Tbs. butter
1 small onion, diced
1-2 garlic cloves, minced or crushed
2 cans kidney or pinto beans, drained
1 can chopped green chilis
about 1 cup tomato sauce
salt to taste
Melt the butter in a skillet.  Cook the onion and garlic in the butter until soft.  Add the beans to the skillet and mash them with a fork.  Stir in the chopped green chilis and tomato sauce.  Heat until hot and bubbly.  There is no comparison to the canned stuff!

We had a great weekend!  We had dinner Friday night to celebrate Corey's sister Kelly's bday at Maggiano's.  Only one of our favorite restuarants!!!  Saturday I got to go shopping with my mom.  Although I didn't accomplish a lot of my Christmas shopping list we still had a great time together as always.  AND she treated me to a peppermint mocha from starbucks!  Yummy!  Then me and Cor went and picked out and cut down our tree!  Its seriously so huge.  9 feet tall.  So we had a fun time with that!  Then we went out for a few drinks with some friends that evening.  Sunday we went to church, watched the colts game, then decorated our tree!  Then this morning we awoke to the thing on the ground.  Pretty hilarious...not so hilarious was the many shattered ornaments that I am going to have to sweep up this afternoon!  But me, mom, and sis are watching eclipse tonight yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment