Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas time

I have been realizing that Christmas can go by so quickly each year as we start to get older.  And it just doesn't have the same Christmas-y feeling that it used to.  Why does this happen?  Rush, business, time, money, obligations...too many reasons to count.  I no longer soak up the season like I used to.  I don't stroll around the mall with my mom and sister or best friend in high school with no time in mind just enjoying shopping for others and looking at the lights and decorations.  I don't plan ahead like I used to and enjoy buying gifts for others like I used to.  (Don't get me wrong, I still love buying for others, I just used to REALLY love it.  Like plan way in advance each little present I was getting my sister and why it would just be perfect for her.) 


We are going up to Chicago this weekend to visit friends and attend their annual ugly sweater christmas party and we are really excited!  I hope that gets us in the mood :)  And also I want to go shopping Friday for gifts which will help.  I honestly think it has to do with being so busy at night after work and also on the weekends.  Not just having endless time to think Christmas.  To tell you the truth, I can't wait for the day I get to see Christmas again through the eyes of a toddler.  And until then, I'll look forward to and pray for that day.

I hope everyone is having a joyus Christmas season and keeping in mind the true reason for the season. 

Luke 2:9-12
And an angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were filled with fear. (10) And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of a great joy that will be for all the people. (11) For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. (12) And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger.”

No comments:

Post a Comment