Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pork Tenderloin w Cherries & Balsamic Glaze

I have absolutely loved cherries this summer.  Its the first summer I've ever bought them because I think I've been a little scared of the pits.  Then my sister told me how sweet they were, and now I am so glad I tried them!  I have mostly been just eating them straight out of the bag, but decided to actually cook with them for once.  I saw this Cherry Glazed Pork Tenderloin with fresh thyme on Our Life in the Kitchen and loved the idea!  I sort of made a glaze with the cherries the same way I did with the peaches on this pork tenderloin.  And I drizzled it with some reduced balsamic vinegar.


Ingredients: 
1 to 1 1/2 pound pork tenderloin 
Salt & Pepper 
1 1/2 cups pitted & halved fresh cherries
3 tablespoons sugar 
1/4 cup water 
teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar

Method: 
Preheat grill to medium heat. 

Start by making your cherry glaze.  Add cherries, sugar, & water to a saucepan and continue to cook down cherries until they break down and water gets thicker.
 
Slice tenderloin in half if it is too thick so you can get even cooking (mine was already sliced when I opened the package).  Sprinkle both sides liberally with salt, pepper, and thyme. 

Pour half of the cherries over the tenderloin and reserve the rest for later. 

Bake tenderloin at 400 for 25 to 30 minutes then check every 5 minutes after if not cooked through.  Pork should still be very slightly pink on the inside.

While pork is cooking, bring balsamic to a boil in a small saucepan and simmer until reduced by half.
Slice pork, top with remaining cherry sauce, and drizzle with balsamic.

No comments:

Post a Comment