Sunday, July 24, 2011

Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Peach Citrus Sauce

Sorry for the temporary break from blogging!  Sometimes you just feel like taking a break!  Let me tell you, this has been the summer of grilling & fruit for me (particularly peaches).  I can't wait to share some recipes with you!!!  This one is absolutely fabulous. 

I have had a hankering (yes I just said that) for some pork tenderloin after the last time of making it turned out so well.  I decided this time I wanted to grill it and previously saw a recipe for a pork tenderloin with mango.  I have been loving peaches lately so I thought I would copy the idea of making a sweet sauce by using some fresh peaches.  This turned out awesome!  I also made some caramelized onions & red pepper to go on the side and eat with the pork because I live with caramelized onions biggest fan and it was a really yummy addition!  Sort of savory and sweet on top of that awesome tender grilled pork.


Ingredients: 
1 to 1 1/2 pound pork tenderloin 
Salt & Pepper 
1/2 large onion 
1/2 red pepper 
2 tablespoons butter 
2 tablespoons sugar 
2 or 3 ripe peaches 
3 tablespoons brown sugar 
1/4 cup water 
1/4 cup orange juice 
1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika 
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper 

Method: 
Preheat grill to medium heat. 

Start caramelizing your onions:  Melt butter and sugar together over low heat in skillet.  Add sliced onion & red pepper and continue cooking until caramelized. 

Slice tenderloin in half if it is too thick so you can get even cooking (mine was already sliced when I opened the package).  Sprinkle both sides liberally with salt & pepper.  Grill tenderloin for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through but still very slightly pink on the inside.  Continue cooking if needed. 

Simmer diced peaches, brown sugar, water, OJ, paprika, & crushed red pepper in small sauce pan over low heat.  I cooked this just long enough so the sauce thickened up but the peaches didn't break down. 

Slice pork, top with peach sauce,  and serve with onions & red pepper alongside.


No comments:

Post a Comment