Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Ranch & Rosemary Chicken Skewers

I wasn't sure what to think of the ranch & rosemary combo when I torn this recipe out of the newspaper the other day, but I like ranch & rosemary separate so I thought I would give it a shot!  The marinade turned out awesome!  And I really liked them cooked on skewers.  But I think next time the chicken would be great served over a big greek salad with feta, tomatoes, red onion, & kalamata olives (for Cor).  That would be my suggestion for you, but they are great as is, also!  This is a super easy recipe to put together.  Mix up the marinade and pour over chicken the night before, then after work all you have to do is skewer the chicken and throw it on the grill!


Ranch & Rosemary Chicken Skewers
serves 2

1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup ranch dressing
1 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire
1 or 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, diced (or more if you wish!)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
dash of black pepper
1/2 teaspoon sugar
3 chicken breasts, cut into large bite size pieces
wooden skewers

Mix all marinade ingredients together in a tupperware and toss in chicken to coat.  Marinade overnight or for at least an hour.  (Tip: Rosemary leaves will easily come off the sprig if you slowly slide your fingers down toward the bottom).

I also grilled some pita bread, brush it both sides with olive oil & sprinkle with salt.   Only cook it for a minute or two on each side so it stays soft!

No comments:

Post a Comment