Wednesday, July 27, 2011

White Peach Sangria

This summer I bought a package through a local radio station with a few girlfriends to go to 6 country concerts for one price.  It has been an absolute blast!  There is nothing like attending a country concert outside, it just screams summer!  Last weekend was Rascal Flatts and it was extra special because my mom & my friend Kristin's mom came along for the ride.  We all typically get together beforehand for a few beers and everyone brings a snack to share.  This concert I decided to make Sangria instead!  I saw this recipe on a new blog I found My Life as a Mrs. and it was seriously so good.  You have got to make this!!!

Ingredients:
1 (750 ml) bottle of dry white wine (I used a $2.50 Oak Leaf Pinot Grigio!)
1 cup sparkling apple juice (I could only find Welches sparkling white grape)
2/3 cup peach schnapps
1/3 cup simple syrup (see below for how to make this)
½ cup vodka
¼ lemon juice
1 green apple, diced or sliced
2 peaches, sliced into thin wedges
any other fruit you may have! (I used lemon, lime, apple, peach, & cherries)

Directions:
Combine the Sangria ingredients in a large pitcher and stir well. Add sliced fruit setting aside a few wedges for garnishing the individual glasses. Refrigerate for a few hours, until chilled.  (I made this and served within a half hour).  Pour over ice and garnish with remaining fruit wedges.  You can even sugar your wine glass rims for fun!


Simple Syrup:
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup sugar
Combine in small sauce pan.  Bring to a boil until sugar is dissolved then remove from heat.  It should only take a few minutes.  Let cool completely.  This ratio gave me enough to use in the Sangria.




No comments:

Post a Comment