Thursday, December 8, 2011

Mashed Cheddar Potato Pancakes

Ok, I'm trying to get all these Thanksgiving recipes posted and I think this is the last of them!  This is a great idea for what to do with your leftovers!  I had never had potato pancakes before, but saw Jessica over at How Sweet post a recipe that included them.  So I mentioned them to Corey, and he said they were one of his favorite things ever!  I thought they sounded kind of weird but kind of amazing at the same time so I decided to give them a shot with our leftovers.  They were soooooo good.  And soooo easy.  Every time I make mashed potatoes from now on, I am doubling them so I can make these. 

sorry, not the prettiest picture.  random dinner of potato pancakes, salmon, & carrots - ha!

Mashed Cheddar Potato Pancakes
via How Sweet
yields 4 pancakes, enough for 2 servings
can serve with sour cream or applesauce, but we liked ours plain the best!

2 cups mashed potatoes
3 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Sprinkle flour on mashed potatoes, add cheese, and mix.  Form into four patties that are about 1 inch thick.
 Heat a skillet on medium high heat.  Add your butter or olive oil until hot.  Add patties and let brown on each side, about 3-4 minutes per side.  They may take a little longer if you skillet isn't hot all the way - you want them browned and crispy.

No comments:

Post a Comment