Saturday, February 5, 2011

Ricotta, Spinach, and Feta Omelet

One of my favorite things about saturday mornings is that its the one day of the week we take the time to make a big breakfast.  I had leftover ricotta to use up from the lasagna I made on Sunday so I thought it would be the perfect thing to throw in an omelet.  I also had some spinach and feta in my fridge and thought that would be a good combo.  Let me tell you...it was!

Method:
Heat a small skillet over medium heat and melt a little butter in the pan.  Whisk two eggs with a couple tablespoons of milk in a small bowl and pour into pre-heated pan.  Let this set up and start to cook partially through without touching the eggs.  Sprinkle a little salt, pepper, and italian seasoning over the entire egg surface and then sprinkle some shredded mozzarella over one half of the eggs (or other white cheese you may have).  Next sprinkle on some feta and then one layer of spinach leaves on the same half.  Next add ricotta by teaspoons (I added around 6 per omelet) over the same half.  I turn down the heat to medium low around this time and let the eggs continue to cook through without moving them. When your eggs are about done you can use a rubber spatula to check the bottom to make sure they are not burning.  Just before you are ready to flip up the half over the filling sprinkle a little more mozzarella over the filling so that the omelet will stay together.  Perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment