Monday, February 7, 2011

Lemon Ricotta Pancakes

Every once in a while we wake up in time for breakfast Sunday before church.  This morning I was inspired by Giada and a breakfast one of my friends once mentioned she had.  The ricotta made the pancakes very light and fluffy.  I didn't have perfect measurements and didn't taste the lemon as much as I wished but they were still great.  I think you could add some lemon zest for more flavor.  This recipe made 5 average pancakes for me and Cor.

1 cup bisquick
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup ricotta
sugar
maple syrup

Mix first five ingredients together then fold in ricotta leaving batter a little lumpy.  Cook pancakes on a griddle with butter.  Sprinkle pancakes with sugar right before flipping the first time.  Serve with maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment