Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Baked Kale Chips

I know...really?  Kale chips..the day before Thanksgiving?  But, hear me out!  These things are good!  They are an incredibly easy, healthy snack for you to have AFTER you've consumed 5,000 calories on turkey day!  Just kidding, but seriously make these!  Corey wasn't the hugest fan of the texture (they become very thin) but I loved them, and they have great flavor.  Just be careful not to over salt them, once they shrink down in the oven, you won't need much salt.  My friend Lindsey gave me the quick overview of how to make them, so I just did a quick google search to find this recipe to get the specifics!

Baked Kale Chips
via Smitten Kitchen

1 bunch (about 6 ounces) kale
1 tablespoon olive oil
Sea salt, to taste

Preheat oven to 300°F.

Rinse and dry the kale, then remove the stems and tough center ribs.  Cut into large pieces, toss with olive oil in a bowl then sprinkle with salt.  Arrange leaves in a single layer on a large baking sheet.

Bake for 20 minutes, or until crisp.  Allow to cool and then enjoy!

First time buying, or even eating Kale!

all crisped up and ready to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment