Saturday, August 6, 2011

Spinach, Artichoke, & Goat Cheese Salmon w/ Lemon Basil Sauce

Back in April around my birthday, my girlfriends and I went out to Bonefish Grill one night to celebrate.  One of the menu specials that night ended up being ordered by two of the girls who loved it.  I wrote it down that night (I know I am a crazy) so I would remember to try re-creating it at home!  The dish was actually a chicken dish and I can't remember what it was served with, but I decided to make ours salmon and served over linguine!  I was wishing I had some white wine at home to include in the sauce, but I just went with a simple olive oil, butter, garlic, lemon, & basil sauce.

Ingredients:
2 salmon fillets
salt & pepper
6 oz jar artichokes
5 oz fresh spinach
2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup red onion, diced
1/2 box whole wheat linguine
Sauce:
2 lemons, juiced
4 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons butter
3 or 4 cloves garlic
handful of fresh basil leaves, sliced thinly

Directions:
Start by boiling pasta per package directions. 
Season fillets with S&P and place in small casserole dish.  Steam spinach either in sauce pan or microwave until soft.  Mix spinach, artichokes, & red onion and top salmon fillets.  Crumble goat cheese over salmon & sprinkle with dried basil or other seasonings if desired.  Cook at 375 for about 12 to 15 minutes until flakes easily.
Start making sauce right before pasta and salmon are finishing up.  Add olive oil to sauce pan and start heating over low-medium heat.  Mince garlic & add to olive oil.  Season with salt & pepper.  Once garlic starts getting fragrant, add butter and lemon juice.  Once butter is melted add in basil.  Add sauce over your drained pasta and stir to coat pasta.  Serve in low bowls, top with salmon.


No comments:

Post a Comment