Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Spinach & Ricotta Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms

I had these pinned for quite some time, but hadn't gotten around to making them yet since Corey isn't the hugest (is that a word?) fan of mushrooms.  I finally decided to go for it and just made two portobello caps and two stuffed chicken breasts.  But Corey ended up liking both of course, I think he just "thinks" he doesn't like mushrooms :)  I think YOU should make these with the mushrooms, they were so good!  I think there was too much ricotta, so I adapted the recipe for you below based on what I would do next time.  These took a total of 5 minutes to throw together and about 15-20 in the oven. 




Spinach And Ricotta Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
via Babble

4 portobello mushroom caps
olive oil
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1 cup mozzarella or Italian blend shredded cheese
9 oz bag fresh spinach
1/2 onion, sliced
1/2 red pepper, sliced
salt and pepper

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Rub olive oil all over the outer part of your portobello mushrooms.
2. Preheat a large skillet and drizzle with olive oil. Add onions, red peppers and spinach. Add salt and pepper. Saute until spinach is wilted.
3. Spoon 1/4 ricotta cheese in each mushroom cap. Top with 1/4 of the sauteed spinach. Then 1/4 of the shredded cheese.
4. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 – 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and mushrooms are tender.

1 comment:

  1. I love that "You are Second" :) thank you for sharing this. I keep seeing these in Alberstons for 4.99 for 2 mushroom caps, and I knew I could make them myself. I LOVE to cook and I am having these for dinner tonight, my husband will love them I think. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete