Thursday, March 8, 2012

Green Olive & Banana Pepper Cheese Spread

Sorry I couldn't come up with a more creative name for this one!  We first had this little "dip" years ago at a friend's house.  I've since made it for multiple get togethers as its so easy to throw together and always such a big hit.  If you don't like green olives, don't let them defer you from giving this dip a try!  I hate green olives, all olives honestly, but this dip doesn't taste like green olives.  They just sort of add a bite and a saltiness to the dip! 


Green Olive & Banana Pepper Cheese Spread
best served with Ritz crackers for serving in my opinion!

*This is really up to you how much banana peppers & olives you want in the dip.  Here is my rough estimate for about how much I use.  I would just add a little as you are chopping and mix, taste, then continue to add until you get the perfect combo!

One block light cream cheese, 8 oz
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup diced banana peppers
1/2 cup diced green olives

Mix all ingredients and add more peppers or olives if needed!


No comments:

Post a Comment