Friday, January 6, 2012

Poppyseed Chicken

This is one of those amazing meals that Corey had growing up but I had never heard of before.  Then, when I went to college and lived in the sorority I remember them serving it all the time.  But, to be honest, I was a little sketched out by it since I didn't know what it was, and I can be a little picky about my chicken and where it comes from.  (Opps!)  I think I've mentioned before Corey's mom gave me a little recipe book with his favorites in it when we got married and that is where this comes from!  Its so tasty and so easy to make.  Perfect comfort food on a cold winter evening!

wanted you to see what it looked like in the pan


we have it over rice!
Poppyseed Chicken
courtesy of Corey's mom :)
yields one 9x13 inch pan

Ingredients:
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 small can sliced mushrooms
2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced or shredded
1 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed
4 tablespoons butter, melted
Poppyseeds
Rice, cooked, for serving

Method:
Combine soup, mushrooms & chicken in a bowl.  Spread mixture into your baking dish.  Top with crushed Ritz, melted butter, then sprinkle poppyseeds over the casserole.  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.  Serve over rice!

2 comments:

  1. I used to LOVE this at Alpha Phi!! You really never ate it?? Crazy! I'm going to make this asap. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I'm really weird about chicken especially when its disguised! haha! But this one is soooo good!!!

    ReplyDelete