Sunday, January 22, 2012

Meatloaf

Corey is a huge fan of meatloaf.  While I never really liked it growing up, I think I'm starting to really like it as an adult!  Its a great comfort food and served alongside some amazing sour cream red skinned mashed potatoes, who can resist!  I knew the Pioneer Woman would have a good recipe for meatloaf and sure enough I was right!  I skipped wrapping it in bacon because I thought it was unnecessary and not the healthiest, and it didn't even need it!





Meatloaf
yields one loaf pan

Ingredients:

1/2 cup Milk
3 slices Wheat Bread
1 pound lean Ground Beef
1/2 cup (heaping) Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/8 teaspoon Seasoned Salt
1/4 teaspoons Salt
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
2 tablespoons Minced Flat-leaf Parsley
2 whole Eggs Beaten
Sauce:
3/4 cup Ketchup
2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Dry Mustard
Tabasco To Taste

Method:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour milk over the bread slices. Allow it to soak in for several minutes.


With clean hands, mix the ingredients until well combined. Form the mixture into a loaf pan.

Make the sauce: add ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, and hot sauce in a mixing bowl. Stir together. Pour 1/3 of the mixture over the top of the bacon. Spread with a spoon.

Bake for 45 minutes, then pour another 1/3 of the sauce over the top. Bake for another 15 minutes. Slice and serve with remaining sauce.  (I actually ended up having to cook mine another 15 minutes).

Serve with mashed potatoes. Yummy!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jourds!!
    Just wanted to tell you that the Pioneer Woman is doing a book signing for her new cookbook in Indy on March 22. It is going to be at a Kroger store, check her blog for which one because last time I checked it hadn't been decided yet. I'm in love with her and her blog, and never miss her show! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so good to know!!!! I will have to check her blog and watch for that, that would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete