Friday, January 27, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Tacos

Oh my goodness!  I have to be honest with you, this was one of those recipes that I saw on Pinterest, and thought it just sounded a little weird.  I never re-pinned it even though it kept popping up, until one day I was sitting next to Corey on the couch and he was just glancing over at the computer and saw the picture.  He immediately told me to pin it and asked if we could have it the next week.  So I decided to go for it, but didn't have high expectations.  But oh my goodness, these tacos were so so so delicious!  If you by any means like the whole buffalo chicken & blue cheese / ranch combo you will LOVE these!  Plus they have avocado!  Who can go wrong?  They were incredibly easy to make and like i said, delicious! 



love these tortillas because they are so soft!

Buffalo Chicken Tacos
inspired by Mrs. Regueiro
yields about 8 tacos

2-3 chicken breasts
1 to 2 cups chicken or veggie broth (or use water to dilute it as I did)
buffalo sauce (such as Red Hot) - however much you want
8 6-inch corn tortillas
Diced red onion
Cilantro
1 Avocado, diced
Blue Cheese crumbles
Ranch dressing
Green onions, sliced thinly
Shredded Lettuce (I didn't have this)
Place fresh or frozen chicken breasts in crock pot and cover most of the way with broth (or water).  Cook on low for 6-8 hours.  Remove chicken from crock pot and shred with tongs or a fork.  Warm tortillas for about 20 seconds in the microwave.

To serve, place (warm) shredded chicken on tortillas, add as much buffalo sauce as you desire, then top with blue cheese crumbles, ranch dressing, avocado, onions, & cilantro.  Devour, then repeat!  Amazing!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment