Southwest Goat Cheese Pizza
via Sprouted Kitchen - (please check out her blog, its amazing!)
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche, room temperature
- sprinkle of smoked paprika
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 roasted poblano pepper*
- 1 ear of corn, kernels removed (you can use 1/2 - 3/4 cup frozen corn)
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese (I used a 5 oz log, crumbled)
- 1 packed cup baby arugula
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- juice of half a lime
- pinch of salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 500'. Prepare the dough according to instructions and set up your pizza stone or baking sheet. Collect all of your topppings together. Roll the dough out super thin, about 1/8''. Transfer the dough to your pan. Spread the creme fraiche across the top. Sprinkle a bit of smoked paprika on top (chipotle powder works too if you like it spicy). Distribute half the goat cheese, the poblanos, shallots, corn and the rest of the goat cheese. Bake in the upper third of the oven for 12-15 minutes until the top browns in parts. Turn the oven to broil and cook another minute. Remove the pizza to cool. In a bowl, combine the baby arugula, cilantro, oil, lime juice, and pinch of salt and pepper. Toss gently to coat. Top the pizza with the greens and cut as you wish.
* To roast the pepper, broil them in the oven until blackened on all sides. Remove the pepper to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap or a towel. Allow them to steam for five minutes or until cool, this makes the skin easier to peel. Once they are cool enough to touch, rub or peel off the charred skin. Discard the stem and seeds and chop into small pieces.