Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Stuffed Pepper Casserole

We love stuffed peppers, so when I saw this casserole via Pinterest I knew I needed to try it out!  I have been loving easy dinners that I can prep sometime during the day while Reese naps and just throw in the oven in the evening (or crock pot, even better!).  This one was simple, and comforting.  It did not disappoint!


Stuffed Pepper Casserole
adapted from Kraft
yields 13x9 casserole

1 lb. lean ground turkey (could use beef)
2 green peppers, coarsely chopped (or any color)
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups cooked long-grain brown rice
28 oz can crushed tomatoes
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella or italian cheese
Heat oven to 350ºF.

Brown meat with peppers and garlic in large skillet; drain. Stir in rice, spaghetti sauce and 3/4 cup cheese.    

Spoon into 13x9 in casserole sprayed with cooking spray; top with remaining cheese.

Bake 25 min. or until heated through.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment