Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Roasted Pesto Potatoes

I have been dying to make these ever since I saw this recipe.  Yes I realize Chelsey posted these over a year ago, but my mind is always thinking cooking and little ideas like this one do not leave my mind :)  While I was a little disappointed after building them up so much, Corey absolutely loved them!  And I think my disappointment had to do with the brand of pesto I bought.  I wish I could find fresh basil somewhere, but it always looks like its on its last limb at the grocery.  And I'm pretty sure this streak of over 100 degree heat is never going to let my poor little basil plants grow.  I will absolutely make these again with a new type of pesto, or with some homemade!


Roasted Pesto Potatoes

8-10 small red skinned potatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
2-3 tablespoons pesto
salt & pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 425 (or you can make these guys on the grill!).  Wash and cut potatoes into 1 inch cubes.  Drizzle with olive oil and salt & pepper and toss to coat.  Roast potatoes for 40-45 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until they are tender with a fork and have a nice golden outer crust.  Allow potatoes to cool for a few minutes then toss with pesto until coated.  Serve warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment