Monday, July 7, 2014

Soba Noodle Bowl with Kale & Brussel Sprouts

Amazing.  We have made this at least four times in the past month and a half.  I've added in red peppers and bok choy but you can add in any veggies you have on hand.  I totally recommend the bok choy, I used 4 baby ones.  I just love how simple this recipe is and that you get so many good veggies in.  I have no idea why my picture is rotated, or how to change it sorry!



Soba Noodle Bowl with Kale & Brussel Sprouts
via Self magazine I believe

6 oz soba (buckwheat) noodles (you can use any noodles here)
1 tbsp olive oil (I used coconut oil)
10 - 12 brussels sprouts
2 cups quartered mushrooms
3 stalks kale, stemmed and torn into pieces (feel free to use a whole bunch though!)
1 small zucchini, halved and sliced thin
4 baby bok choy (or 1 regular sized head), sliced in bite size pieces, optional
1/2 red pepper, sliced thin, optional
1/4 cup soy sauce
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp minced ginger (I just sprinkled in dried ginger)
1 tbsp rice vinegar (or any vinegar)
2 tsp agave syrup (I used honey)
1 tsp sesame seeds
siracha to taste, optional

Cook noodles according to package.  Head a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat for 1 minute.  Add oil to pan and swirl to coat.  Add sprouts, red pepper, and 1 tbsp water; stir-fry for 3 minutes.  Add mushrooms, kale, zucchini, bok choy, and 1 tbsp water; stir-fry 3 minutes.  Stir in soy sauce, garlic, ginger, vinegar, and agave.  Add noodles to the pan.  Cook, tossing, 2 minutes.  Add in siracha to taste if desired.  Top with sesame seeds and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment