Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Roasted Green Beans w/ Balsamic & Parmesan

I have to admit, green beans have never been my favorite veggie.  Green beans and carrots are the ones I usually need some sort of flavoring to cover up the taste in order for me to choke them down!  Sorry!  However, these green beans were really, really good!  Lauren served them with the stuffed pork tenderloin and I loved them.  Green beans happen to be one of Corey's favorite veggies, so I keep a big bag of them (along with other veggies I like) in the freezer to quickly steam them as a side to dinner.  Needless to say I am happy to come across a recipe like this that I love too.  These were so easy to throw together and roast while my pork tenderloin was roasting as well.




Roasted Green Beans w/ Balsamic & Parmesan

1 lb fresh green beans
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
S&P
2 tbsp finely grated parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Trim ends of beans and cut beans in half so you have bite-sized pieces.

Place cut beans on baking sheet.  Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with S&P.  Toss green beans with tongs or hands to coat.  Make sure to spread them out in a single layer on baking sheet.

Roast 15 minutes at 400 degrees. Turn oven up to 450 and roast for additional 10-15 minutes.

Season beans to taste with salt and fresh ground pepper if needed, then sprinkle with finely grated parmesan. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment