Monday, February 13, 2012

Pork Tenderloin stuffed w/ Goat Cheese, Pesto & Sun-Dried Tomatoes

This was by-far the most amazing pork tenderloin I've ever made!  It is a beautiful and impressive dish to serve, and it was so incredibly easy too!  My friend Lauren had us girls over for dinner a few weeks ago and made us this delicious meal and I couldn't wait to make it at home as soon as she posted the recipe!  Make this, you won't be sorry!!!


my ingredient list

my pork tenderloin package had two small tenderloins included.  Here they are both split open and one spread w/ filling

after filling, I wrapped them up and secured w/ toothpicks

out of the oven!


sliced!

Pork Tenderloin stuffed w/ Goat Cheese, Pesto & Sun-Dried Tomatoes from Call Me Mrs. Rapp
yields 4-6

pork tenderloin (my 1.5 lb package included 2 tenderloins; I used both)
2 oz. sun-dried tomatoes
2 oz. light cream cheese
1.5 oz. goat cheese
6 oz. spinach, roughly cut or torn
1/3 cup pesto
olive oil
salt and pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced

Preheat oven to 400.  Combine cheeses, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, pesto and garlic in a bowl.  Mix until well combined.

Create a slit in the pork tenderloin, lengthwise, so it lays flat like a book (careful not to cut all the way through).  Spread mixture onto tenderloin, and fold back around filing lengthwise.  Use toothpicks to secure.

Place stuffed tenderloin on a baking sheet.  Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Cook for 25-30 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the pork is 155 degrees.  Note: I would highly suggest using a meat thermometer as cook time can vary depending on the thickness.

Let pork rest for about 15 minutes before slicing and serving.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So, so glad you guys liked it and that it turned out so well! It looks awesome! We have some in the freezer that I may have to dethaw for dinner now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah, Corey hasn't stopped raving about it! He loved it!

    ReplyDelete