Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving

Only a couple more days!  We are very excited this year because both of our families are coming to our house!  It will be so nice and relaxing.  Here is what I have been dreaming up for my pretty traditional menu with a little bit of my own touch :)

Breakfast:  Kolache factory - yum!!!  Corey's parents are picking up some of these wonderful treats.  We are also having some pumpkin bread courtesy of my sister and some fruit provided by my mom.

Apps:  Baked Brie w/ Cranberry Sauce
           Braided Pretzel Loaf & some crackers I have yet to purchase for the Brie
           Candied Walnuts

Dinner:  Turkey - Corey's parents are making a deep fried turkey this year which is going to be a first for all of us and I think it will be a lot of fun!
             Red Skinned Mashed Potatos  with Corey's dad's homemade Gravy
             Noodles - My mom and sis are in charge of these!  They are my grandmother's recipe.  I have so many fun memories of rolling these out on the table when we were all younger.  Such great tradition.
             Apple Walnut Stuffing - I made a trial run of this last night and it got the hubby's approval!  I'm not a big fan of stuffing but this wasn't too bad.  I added some dried cranberries and sausage.  My mom is also going to make a stuffing.
             Green Beans w/ Feta & Almonds
             Glazed Carrots w/ Honey & Red Pepper Flakes
             Rolls - these are coming from the Kolache factory as well, yum!
             Homemade Roasted Applesauce
             Pumpkin Sweet Potato Casserole
             Creamed Spinage - Corey's mom is picking this up from Boston Market.  It is Corey's absolute favorite!

Dessert:  Pumpkin Pie w/ Whipped Cream
              Pecan Pie - made by Corey's mom
              Apple Pie - made by Corey's mom Along with some Blue Bell icecream (have you had this it is a-mazing!!!)
              Dulce de Leche Pumpkin Cheesecake

What do you think...I think we should be fat and sassy after this dinner!  I am probably leaving something out too that is the sad part.  I think its a little obvious that I am pretty excited.  Corey has had to calm me down a few times and hold me back from adding more things to the menu...(but honey what if I made some jalopeno cheese grits for breakfast or a fruit tart as well!!!??)  Ok, Ok, I guess I do want to be able to relax and enjoy the holiday too.  But I am really looking forward to having a whole day of cooking :)

OH we have SO much to be THANKFUL for!!!!!!!!!!  Thank you Lord!

I'll be back to share recipes hopefully later today or tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment